Friday, April 3, 2009

We're moving

I think most of you know already, but for those of you who don't.....


We'll be moving to Ft Riley, Kansas this summer. Andy's report date is July 10, 2009. We will be heading to Kansas the first week in July.

We have mixed feelings about the move.

It's always exciting to go some place new, but at the same time, we're moving away from family and friends.

We've enjoyed our time here in Columbia. It feels like home here. It will definantly be hard to leave.

We've made the decision to live on post at Ft Riley. We usually end up renting off post in the closest town but with rent prices and our income it seems to be the smartest thing for our family.

I have a feeling this will be a bit difficult for the boys. It's the first move that they will actually remember. This is the only home they've ever known. I'm sure there will be an adjustment period. We are trying to be upbeat and positive and get them excited about moving.

There will be more updates as the move aproaches!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you will like it here! There are plenty of play groups and check out the spouses club! When you drive past Mosby place yell hello to it! I loved ft Riley!!! If you need any more info let me know :)

Anonymous said...

Brilee and I are soooooo sad! :( I am excited for you guys though - and I think you will like living on post, despite all the rules. Andy will be sooo much closer! I can't wait to see your new place and hear all about it!